Movinga was founded in 2015 with the ambition to bring the fragmented and offline moving industry into the digital age and change the way people move houses. Through high quality customer care, a powerful digital platform and technological advances, we at Movinga set the definition of moving in the 21st century. To achieve our goal we are looking for the best talent in a wide range of professions.
Movinga is recognised as an innovator within the logistics industry, pioneering successful new digital business models, that puts the customer at the center of what we do. Within this dynamic, customer-centric organisation reacting to a fast-moving digital environment, the Strategy & Insights team plays a pivotal role in driving the success of Movinga, helping to shape all areas of our business.
This is a unique opportunity for someone passionate about solving problems to start or advance a career within data/analytics. Over the past 5 years, the team has established itself as an independent source of truth and strategic advice for the whole business.
The successful analyst will be eager to learn new skills and brave enough to ask questions. Our goal is to have you providing actionable insight to a variety of stakeholders across the business (i.e. Marketing, Product, Operations, Sales, Senior Management etc.). This will involve taking data from multiple sources and combining acute business knowledge to shape the findings. You will be transforming insights into easy to understand data visualisations/presentations/recommendations to the end stakeholder.
What attributes will you need:
- Exposure to working with a wide variety of data sets
- Presentation and communication skills - particularly strong in presenting complex data and analytical findings to non-technical audiences
- Have a passion for data visualisation & familiarity with techniques (could range from basic to advanced)
- A commercially minded individual - ability to understand the commercial imperatives behind the data needs
- Thorough, inquisitive, innovative, ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking
- Have a passion for digital business, logistics, and emerging technologies
- Self-motivated, with the ability to manage and follow up on multiple tasks simultaneously
- A hands-on mentality, you’ll get to work on exciting projects but we need to get things done to
- Flexible and willing to go the extra mile if necessary
- A team player with the ability to build relationships across teams
- Excellent Excel skills and a Tableau champion, SQL is a must.
- A creative / lateral thinking problem solver- understanding when a hack will do and how to deliver 80% value ahead of a fully perfect solution
- University degree attainment in Mathematics / Management / Business / Computer Science / Statistics / Economics / or similar numerate discipline
- 3+ years relevant experience
- Fluent in English